Información General: Grupo de Nefrología, Diálisis y Transplante Renal
Autores: Universidad de Los Andes
Resumen: The unification of Nephrology, Dialysis and Renal transplant UNDT, was founded in 1964 by Dr. Hugo Dávila (+) and later organized by the professorship services of Drs. Hugo Dávila, Virgilio Paz Martínez, Jorge Molina Bourgoin and Jorge Alvarado.
As a unit of Educational-Assistance of Investigation and extension of the ULA, the UNDT, completes objectives of assistance to support its function of Education in pregrad and postgrad in the School of Medicine of the ULA. In addition to promoting programs of investigation and extension to complete the universities purposes.
Their most specific objectives are:
1. Assume the responsibility to form medical-nephrologists in accordance with the reality of health in our country.
2. Prevent renal disease.
3. Diagnose and treat renal pathology according to the actual scientific criteria and employ in those patients the most advanced treatments of renal replacement: renal dialysis and transplant.
4. Effectuate works of investigation on the basis of lines of research established on basic and applied scientific criteria.
5. Organize programs of community extension.
Lines of Research:
- Renal Transplant
- Nephropathies hereditary
- LOE renal
- Renal Imagery
- Nephritic syndrome
- Renal function in newborns